We Recommend to arrive in Cusco at least one day before your tour to Machu Picchu starts as the trains leave very early from Cuaco. Cusco is located at 1600 km. south east of Lima (Peru). there are only two waya to reach Machu Picchu from Cusco , one is using the Train Companies (Peru Rail and Inca Rail) and the other is hikking the ancestral “Inca Trail” either in two or four days, this package only includes the train options.
Description of the excursion to Machu Picchu
we pick you up from your hotel in the city of Cusco 2 hours and 30 minutes before the departure time of your train and take you to the train station located in the little village of Ollantaytambo located at 2 hours far from Cusco , then get on board the train of the company “Inca Rail” and begin the journey from Ollantaytambo to the town of Aguas Calientes (2000 m) which takes two hours, in Aguas Calientes our guide will be waiting fro you and then , we will head to the bus station . The ride on bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu takes 30 minutes.
Upon arrival at the citadel of Machu Picchu, known as the Lost City of the Incas , we will display our entracne tickets and begin our guided tour, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, our visit last around two hours.
Then you will have free time to stroll around the citadel. In the afternoon you must take the bus down to Aguas Calientes , you can have lunch in one of the several restaurants in Aguas Calientes (not included ).
In the evening we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo ,we will be waiting for you at the train starion and then drive you back to Cusco .
The tour service to Machu Picchu in 1 day includes:
- Transfers from hotel to the train station and train station to hotel
- Round trip Train Tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Service with professional guidance, English speaking guide.
- Round trip bus tickets up and down the village of “Aguas Calientes to
- Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu Archaeological Group.
- Ticket reservations, space and agency services.
The tour to Machu Picchu on a day DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Drinks and Water
- Phone Calls
- Snack, water, tips
- Transfer airport – hotel – airport
- Wear tennis or light shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids in your excursions.
- Raincoat (poncho long) rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.